Monday 20 September 2010

Funeral in the Street

Pearl's sister's funeral today.Pearl lives over the road. Everyone was dressed in grey, with mauve blouses and veils for the ladies. The hearse was white, followed by two Rollers and a Daimler, also all white. Of course my nosey neighbour rushed out to her doorstep, before going back in to fetch her father and grand-daughter out to ogle. (When I am wheeled out they'll be cheering and spitting on the coffin, no doubt). Anyway, it was a change from black cars, and obviously very meticulously organised.

Today I shall try and drag myself out, since the sun is shining.

Kooky is lying on his back on my bed, trying to tempt me to stroke his tummy - but I know better.

Managed to buy some batteries and a pack of cantuccini in the pound shop (22 cals each, apparently, though I would bet they are about 30). Had a chat with the guy from Sensational and lashed out £60 on a pretty grey jacket, before lunching at lye Torng. Grilled marinated chicken again.

My afternoons and evenings are like Groundhog Day - Morse, Come Dine, Coach Trip, then whichever soaps. I sometimes fall asleep watching, thinking I am seeing a repeat episode.

No comments: