Sunday 5 September 2010

New Life, a Funeral and Dinner Party

Dorothy is surviving the new job and seems to cope well.

At about 3.30am on Saturday morning, I heard footsteps from upstairs and assume my neighbour was going into hospital to have the baby. No word since, someone occasionally going in or out, so hope all is well there.

Went to Hilary's funeral at St. George's Cathedral. Huge turnout of course, and quite a moving service. I did not hang around afterwards since I had the pudding to finish for my dinner party that evening.

Lunch at Lye Torng, had a rest, then made the rest of the fruit salad. I had already sliced oranges and juice and combined with some sugar and a cinnamon stick. Left this in the fridge overnight. I then added, one banana, one apple cut very small, three passion fruit, one punnet of blueberries, a few chopped cherries, and three kiwi fruit. I halved some sweet white seedless grapes and put these in. I finished off with a good glug of St. Germain elderflower liqueur. I set forth in good time, but the taxi lurched a bit, and when I arrived, most of the double cream had escaped and covered everything, so it was straight to the sink to rescue the rest. Fortunately I had also packed some clotted cream. The couple holding the party were very pleasant, I met another couple who I already new, and another guest who I had not met before was there, so there were six of us. We started with wine and little pastry pinwheels with excellent fillings, half chorizo, and half anchovy and parmesan. The food was excellent and I was quite glad I had brought a light dessert. It was a thoroughly enjoyable evening and we didn't leave until about 1am.

Although I did consume a little wine, I was only tired rather than totally jaded when Kooky attacked me at 7am this morning.

Dorothy is very enthusiastic about calorie counting, and now there is a site called my fitness pal or something like it which does all the hard work and you can work out calories, keep a food diet, etc. etc. which I started this morning. I now know I had 250 calories for breakfast.

No comments: