Saturday 27 February 2010

Batty Old Bat and Banana Skins

Dear me. Alzheimer's is gaining pace. I leapt into a cab last night to go to my friend's opening in Shoreditch only to discover it is next month. I was actually quite relieved, and at least I know where the gallery is. Redchurch Street has livened up a lot since I was last there, but was glad to see the Owl and Pussycat pub is still there. In past years I have had many a good Sunday lunch there with my friends.

Put another coat of paint on a chair. Because the light in my studio is crap, the last layer dried a kind of battleship grey, rather than the tasteful pale 'greige' I had intended. The next coat will be greige, or a very pale khaki. Not sure what to do with the colourful one. May paint it red first. Or a jolly bright blue. We shall see.

An extraordinary fit of fake posts about Gordon Brown throwing a tangerine into a machine in a factory has hit Twitterdom. Then has been published in several newspapers. I am now waiting to hear that David Cameron has thrown a banana in anger. Or slipped on a banana skin, even. Dear me.

No comments: