Sunday 14 February 2010

Monday Morning

Yesterday, a minor disaster struck. Just after having a good chat with Nibby on the telephone, I left the house to make my usual trip to Elephant & Castle. Saw a neighbour who had taken in a parcel, and looked for my keys to take the parcel in before leaving, only to discover I had left them in the house. Alzheimer's strikes again. Dorothy and Julian have a key but they are not exactly early risers, so made my way to the shopping centre, bought my newspaper and settled down to a coffee. The chap in the coffee place treated me to several lost key stories. Seems the cafe is owned by the Indian restaurant next door, and he once lost the keys, which included his house keys, and five special keys to the restaurant, and all the locks had to be changed. So it could have been worse I suppose.

I went to Mamuska later and had a huge pork knuckle with cabbage and potatoes and a generous shot of vodka. Had a bit of a struggle to consume all this, but excellent value. Staggered downstairs and purchased a couple of books, having read the papers, and settled in the awful cafe there with a mug of tea. Managed to make contact with Dorothy three hours after leaving the house, so cabbed up there to enjoy another cup of tea and a chat before departing with their keys. Julian kindly gave me some Spanish sausage and had managed to find some special light bulbs for my bathroom light in Barcelona.

No comments: