Tuesday 2 February 2010

Boiler Breakdown

At about 11.30 in bed, I somehow sensed that all was not well. Went upstairs to find the boiler had locked out. I checked everything and the pressure was less than 1 bar though this was not registering on the indicator so I could not reset it. It might be I have a leak or something worse. The boiler felt rather hot so I rang Dom the plumber in a bit of a panic - no answer of course so I turned the boiler off and went to bed.

This would happen when snow is expected. Of course I forgot to pay the insurance. I will ring them up this morning. The boiler has been behaving a bit oddly recently, in that sometimes the hot water in the bathroom would suddenly stop running and I could hear a clunk coming from the boiler. Oh well. We shall see.

No comments: