Sunday 21 February 2010

Painting Chair, Good Kooky and Suspicious Allegiances

Very quiet weekend. My confidence faltered a bit, so just picked up papers at the local shop, which turned out to be a good idea as I managed to find a few essential groceries there too. Started painting one of the chairs with artist's acrylic, rather expensive but all I could find. I fully intend to try and make it to the DIY area in the shopping centre to find some commercial but water soluble wood paint. I can mix it with artist's acrylic to get the colours right. I am crap at painting furniture, and this stuff is very slow, with intricate spindles and carvings etc, but looks so much better that I shall persevere.

Kooky is being rather more affectionate, and slept on the bed last night. He crept up to my end at 6am, and left me in peace for another half hour, which was excellent.

Oh dear, Andrew Rawnsley has written a book being serialised in the Observer alleging bullying of staff by Gordon Brown. Now an antibullying helpline charity has backed up these allegations, saying staff had contacted them. Someone called Pratt. All very strange. Of course the charity's political allegiance has been questioned. Seems Anne Widdecombe is one of the patrons. Seems Pratt made her allegations after being contacted and encouraged to do so by a local MP. Hmmmmm.

No comments: