Monday 8 February 2010

Cross and Sick Monday

I have been somewhat incandescent today. Nibby, several other sources and my interiors magazine all recommended what would seem to be a common product called ESP: Easy Surface Primer, which you can wipe or paint on any surface, leave for a couple of hours, then repaint without the need for sanding, stripping etc. Spent a tenner on a cab to B & Q, who had never heard of it, or anything similar, so purchased some sandpaper. Had my usual soup and noodle lunch at Lye Torng.

I sometimes think I am a bit of a recluse: I only go out for the newspapers and sometimes to lunch. Apart from when I am at work I am always at home. This reluctance to go out has been reinforced by the appalling lack of everyday products at B & Q. I have now succeeded in purchasing it online, like the rest of my shopping, apart from newspapers and some occasional fresh fruit and vegetables. Spent £20 altogether on cabs since there is no bus stop outside B & Q.

May have a bit of a chest infection. However my antibiotics purchased in Spain are out of date and I really don't fancy having a fight with the GP to try and drag some antibiotics out of him. Read that nearly 40% of over 65s are in danger of contracting pneumonia following a chest infection which is rather alarming and must be why the 'flu jab is given. I shall try and recover without medication unless things become much worse. Not helped by the freezing weather and being snowed upon outside B & Q.

RSPB sent some coconut bird food in some kind of fat so have hung one in the garden. May hang a couple more out. Not seen any interest from birds so far. We shall see.

No comments: