Saturday 6 February 2010

Saturday Cold and Sad

Awful cold, runny nose, sneezing, cough etc. so went to bed at about 9pm. Still feel like crap today. Man due to deliver chairs and my cleaner is going to collect the white 'Gilbert' IKEA chairs. These have been mistaken for very expensive designer chairs by non IKEA shoppers. They are smart and very sturdy, the main problem being that they are painted wood and a couple of the seats are slightly scratched, but of course can be repainted. Ocado are also due to deliver between 12 and 1pm. I do hope the new chairs are sturdy. I know they are heavy but at over 17st, strong chairs are a must.

I have lost 1lb per week since I started the Diet Chef diet, despite several departures from this. I really may take it up as a way of eating since there is less washing up, less time spent cooking and preparing, and it tastes OK. I am so lazy.

Message from Madeleine to say she had been away for several days, so I am expecting some very bad news. I wish I were there, but better for them to try and cope together. They don't know me very well, apart from Madeleine and her sisters, so I cannot intrude. I feel so helpless, but at least Madeleine knows I am here, and ready to do anything required.

No comments: