Sunday 14 March 2010

Mother's Day Dinner


Decided to wear a decent frock for my dinner date with Julian and Dorothy last night. I rather nervously put on the black velvet dress I had exposed myself in at the Royal Opera House, but this time tied a very firm knot in the satin wrapover ribbon to avoid a repetition of that inauspicious event. Since a string of pearls is never enough, I added two single strings, a double string, and lastly, a necklace with five small and one large string. This last is that kind of fleshy pale pink - the colour of old fashioned corsets, and went rather well with my surrealist fine silk crepe English Eccentrics scarf, which was mainly white, but with bits of black, grey, and said pink.

Dorothy and Julian arrived, clutching a vast and beautiful bouquet and a lovely card, plus some other bits and pieces. They arranged the bouquet in a large glass vase they had also purchased for me, and we set off for dinner.

Wild Honey is the sister restaurant of Arbutus, but has a warmer atmosphere and is somehow more comfortable, with lot of jolly contemporary artworks on the walls. We started with some prosecco with mandarin juice drinks. The other two had the smoked eel starter and I had potato and Jerusalem artichoke soup poured around a prawn pot. We had one small carafe of wine, which, after our cocktail, was quite enough. The others shared a rib of beef, and I had some very good sea bream with various green vegetable, finishing with coffees. The food was very good

No comments: