Monday 1 March 2010

Quiet Life

Incredibly quiet weekend. No phone calls, and only two emails. No wonder I watch so much daytime as well as evening TV. I did however declutter a bit more - now six boxes, soon to be seven or eight, for collection next Friday.

On Sunday I purchased a newspaper from the shopping centre and had a coffee there . Was going to have lunch at Mamuska, but the only table with sturdy chairs was booked, so abandoned this idea. I went home for lunch - a diet soup, and continued the chair painting. Because I am mixing the colours in small quantities I seem not to be able to get these exactly right, and the work is definitely getting a bit sloppy with repetition - now on my third chair. The last one will have to wait until next week.

The diet is not going brilliantly, on Saturday I weighed 16st 11lb, but today (Monday) I was back to 16st 12lb. Oh dear, must try a bit harder. I rang Nibby on Sunday as usual, but there was a thunderstorm at her end, making her afraid of being on the telephone, so abandoned the call.

I need to go out today after Ocado has delivered, to bank some cheques, take in a skirt for shortening, purchase more paint and a couple more things.

No comments: