Sunday 21 March 2010

Thumbs Up This Time for Brasserie Toulouse-Lautrec

Several people have contacted me in amazement re my new diamond ring. I said I was lucky to have such generous friends and that good things can happen to an old bat like me!

Today, I decided to give Brasserie Toulouse-Lautrec a second chance. I purchased a newspaper and painfully staggered there on foot, having to make several stops to catch my breath and rest my aching back.

This time I sat downstairs, with an excellent view down to the Elephant and Castle, the Strata building to the right. I ordered a cappuccino and one croissant. The cappuccino was piping hot, as was the croissant, so I ordered another cappuccino. By now several tables had filled with people having breakfast. I had dawdled around, and decided to order scrambled egg with smoked salmon on a muffin half with tea. The tea was hot, with enough in a little pot for two cups, and the scrambled eggs were soft, creamy perfection. I eventually tore myself away, having completely read my paper.

On the way out I bumped into the proprietor of the Lobster Pot, who also owned the brasserie. I explained the problem I had a couple of weeks ago, and to my embarrassment he dragged me back in to complain to the staff about my cold coffee, and to instruct them to give me a free coffee next time. He said they hadn't been open very long. Well, I shall definitely breakfast there again. This time they got it absolutely right. I may try lunch there at some point.

No comments: