Thursday 8 April 2010

All Change in SE1

Romy sent me a link to advancedstyle.blogspot.com which is a blog by a young New York guy featuring old women looking stylish. I feel a bit ashamed and will attempt to be more gorgeous. We shall see.

Romy and Pete arrived yesterday morning, and Pete blitzed the garden, fitting new lattice to the tops of the fences, while Romy and I exhausted ourselves at Daphne's, Romy's local garden centre, before joining Romy's husband for lunch at a fab little cafe near them which was like a tardis and opened out to gardens at the back. We arrived back to find the garden transformed, but not yet complete. Made Pete a snack lunch. Duty called and we attended the opening of the Silver art exhibition at the cafe gallery, Southwark Park. One of our punters had done a painting, so we took snaps and took a look at the work and Romy listened to the many speeches and acknowledgements. Such a pity they stopped doing the Southwark Open, at which Julian and I used to exhibit.

Arrived back to see Pete disposing of at least six recycling containers outside. He will have another go at the garden today and may be able to move a bed or two. We shall see. I cannot believe the amount Pete manages to do in a day. I was so excited I rang Dorothy and burbled on about it. Dorothy is very patient.

No comments: