Friday 9 April 2010

New Garden


After a restless night, Kooky decided I should get up at 5.30. Managed to fight him off until 6. I had a look at the back garden which is totally transformed, thanks to Pete.

It is like having a new garden. About twice the size. I shall purchase a few more plants, then scatter some seeds around in a random manner, just to see what happens. If the weather permits, I shall definitely be able to eat outside. I almost feel a glass of wine coming on, and it is only 6.30. Anticipation is nearly always better than the real event.

Thinking about my neighbour's complaints last night, I remembered that they had complained about the holiday hotel food after the previous year's break, but had decided to go back to the place despite this. I had been rather surprised at the time, as the complaints had been quite forceful.

I now need to have a lot of furniture moving around the house, which all has to be done in a certain sequence. I shall have this done as soon as possible, hopefully before Nibby arrives. Then I shall have plenty of work to do in different rooms, probably culminating in some painting, since the new sitting room and the hall are both very much in need of this. I was going to get a company to make a bed frame for my French bed, but since they wanted full payment in advance despite having my bed, worth twice what they were charging, and would not accept a deposit, I may well reconsider. Particularly since Pete thinks he may be able to help with this.

No comments: