Saturday 3 April 2010

Holy Saturday


Not feeling very holy after dinner last night.

Met Margot in the shop at Tate Modern. We found the cafe, and she kindly treated me to some wine and cheese and we exchanged cash for paintings in brown envelopes. Here is one of them in a temporary site, though because the frames are very deep, they can stand up or hang up. We chatted about things. She is going to America later this year for three months which I am sure will be very interesting. Although I have never been there, I have read so much American literature I almost feel I know the place, or parts of it, quite well. We aim to meet again in May before Margot's departure.

Today I shall make some orange butter icing and tomorrow, defrost the cake and ice it. I shall also make some home made tomato sauce today for the melanzane alla Parmigiana. I shall cook that and the maple spare ribs tomorrow. I may make a cherry pie later today.

It was pouring with rain earlier today, but now the sun is bright and I must venture forth to pick up some milk and salad vegetables.

No comments: