Monday 19 April 2010

Monday Morning

I have decided that further moves are necessary, but there's no point in doing them until my French bed has been set up. I shall also have to move my mantel shelf and overmantel mirror downstairs because my wardrobe needs to go against that wall. Unfortunately it looks awful where it is. I shall have to move my French console table up to one side of the bed, move three chests of drawers etc. etc. Endless, really. I have put one commode to use as a store for my acrylic paints, and the other may make a coffee table somewhere. The place still looks awful.

Poor Dorothy and Julian have abandoned their American trip pro tem because of the volcano. I have a nasty feeling about this. If the other volcano goes off, we will be in even more trouble. Apart from people being stranded everywhere, imports are a problem, NHS already running out of drugs, apparently. Not good.

With all this in mind I have planted (basically thrown into the soil) some vegetable seeds among the flowers: peas, beans tomatoes etc. and will see if anything comes up. Growing your own veg suddenly seems a pretty sensible option.

Still trying to tidy up and plan a bit. Ordered a lace net panel with roses and cherubs on it from Ebay. I shall have to find a way to put it in the window. I already have a white blind and curtains. Because my awful neighbour can see straight into my window I have been leaving the blind down, but would rather have a lace panel for privacy as it will let a bit more light in, and the blind and curtains can be used in the evenings. I am vaguely considering removing the door from the new living room downstairs and getting it hung in my new bedroom. I don't really like door handles, so may remove this and just get some glass knobs fitted. I do have a rather pretty mirrored door panel which could be fixed to it. We shall see. First I shall measure it.

No comments: