Sunday 11 April 2010

Old and Vile; Plants and Food

People have been rather shocked by the behaviour of my awful neighbours. Talk of ASBOS and injunctions etc. At the moment, rather than taking drastic action, I would prefer to see if they can calm down a bit. I am certain that people behave like this because of deprivation and lack of education - perhaps they experienced cruelty when young, and have therefore not learned to interact normally with people. Despite their behaviour being so unpleasant it seems unfair in a way to punish them. They are obviously punishing themselves by taking the trouble to be so aggressive at their age. Odd to live so long and still not have a clue how the world works! I do feel rather sorry for them.

Anyway, forced myself out to B & Q to get a few plants. Of course they didn't have any pondweed but have now ordered this online. Bought a couple of bronze cordylines, a rhododendron (but forgot ericaceous compost so it will have to stay in the pot for a while) and some bedding plants. Then braved the shopping centre which had a very mini food market. I am my own downfall here. Purchased three savoury thingies and an apple tart from Popina. There was a crepe stand, some Jamaican jerk chicken, some Hungarian food and other bits and pieces. Staggered home and ate. Fiddled around with the garden a bit then subsided.

Romy popped in to collect some wood Pete left in the evening, and talk turned again to my vile little neighbours. Heigh ho!

This morning, Kooky woke me at 5.30am but I fought him off until 6.45. Woke up during the night to listen to a repeat of Charlie Gillett's world music, which was super, as usual. Such a pity he died last year, I had only just started listening to him a couple of months before.

No comments: