Monday 3 January 2011

Brilliant Ballet

Turns out that the ballet was Matthew Bourne's Cinderella. It was very good - set in World War II, with wonderful choreography, costumes and sets. Very dark and quirky, and not really for young children, but excellent for grownups. Afterwards we found a Med Kitchen for a snack. I was very impressed by the food, not expecting good food from a chain place, but the onion soup I had was very similar to that at Les Halles, and Alison enjoyed a poached egg and spinach on a toasted bun, with some kind of pommes Dauphinoise. All followed by some very good coffees. I shall try a Med Kitchen again.
It was midnight before I got into bed. Kooky had vanished so I called him in vain. However when I woke up at 7am he was lying on my bed, fortunately.

My last day of freedom. I shall try and get rid of my Christmas decorations and tree, which may prove a problem, and attempt to return my living room to its normal state. Ideally, I would love to get my hair cut, but it is a bank holiday, so this pleasure will have to wait, possibly until next Friday. I also need to make the annual pilgrimage to Grays Antique Market with Julian to study the jewels, and possibly, make a purchase. We shall see.

No comments: