Wednesday 19 January 2011

Enormous Shard Rising

Romy bought me lunch at Black and Blue. Had an excellent ribeye steak with salad and a glass or two of wine. My birthday treat. We noticed that the Shard is rising fast, completely changing the skyline, not necessarily for the better, but I imagine we will become accustomed to it.

Groupon, from whom I successfully purchased a cleaning voucher, have since been bombarding me with offers. The day before yesterday I purchased two vouchers, one for a friend, for brunch at Le Bouchon Breton. However, only one voucher arrived. Ringing them up, there was only an ansaphone which said to contact them by email which I did. I am very concerned about this since they have not refunded the money for the extra voucher, nor have they sent me another voucher, so I would very much doubt whether I will use them again. Rather worrying.

Long telephone call last night from one of Julian's tutors, now retired. He will be travelling to France to catsit for a friend for a week. He counsels against retirement, but seems to be enjoying himself 'doing up' a Rolls Royce and a motorbike.

No comments: