Monday 17 January 2011

Foul Times

it has been drizzling all day outside - so boring.

My horrible neighbour accosted me again, but this time to tell me that an elderly neighbour had died recently. They are dropping like flies in our street, but then, given the ages, it is hardly surprising. The recently deceased woman was a very pleasant Irish lady whose flat was always immaculate, and quite put me to shame at Baglady Sluttery, aka Towers.

Lunch at Lye Torng just for a change, and shall do a bit of washing and slob around for the rest of the day. Did consider a visit to the War Museum, but very offput by the crap weather. Made another jar of preserved lemons, and promised one to Penny when they are ready. Book yours here!

I do hope Madeleine enjoyed her birthday tea. She has yet to get in touch about her choice of restaurant, date etc. for her birthday dinner. Come on, Madeleine. When I got depressed about my birthday my ex used to point out that I was only one day older than the day before. One of his few cheering comments.

Winning over 50% of scrabble games and only using the best word feature very rarely, so progress is being made, and many hours of time lost mucking about with this, but it keeps me from getting bored and elevates the blood pressure, probably.

No comments: