Monday 24 January 2011

Weekend and Monday

Very quiet weekend, with only a visit from Penny. We have arranged to go to a wine tasting through Groupon, and had to confirm the dates. Penny admired my fire and told me more about her family and her current situation. She has now started to make social arrangements to fill up her time, and indeed this has proved so successful that we had a problem finding a date for the wine tasting.

Today I painted the fire space black inside, but only a little, and will take it further later. I am thinking of doing the immediate surround a kind of greige for the time being.

On Sunday I purchased a couple of fillet steaks from Marks, which were excellent Aberdeen Angus steaks. May well buy these again. I also bought some tiny chocolate meringues, which were only 15 calories each, and very good with coffee or tea. I also found some more cantuccini in the pound shop, so bought a couple of packs of these, which will last for ages.

This afternoon heard about a bomb going off in an airport in Moscow. Sounds like a suicide bomber. Really awful, quite a few killed and many serious injuries.

No comments: