Wednesday 19 January 2011

Thor's Day

Dreary weather again yesterday. Groupon eventually emailed me the other voucher saying they had already sent it, but checking all my mail and junk, it was not there. It is annoying when people can't admit a mistake.

Boiled a Sainsbury's stew pack last night in lots of water, adding chorizo, garlic, and plenty of seasoning - also celery, mushrooms and tomato puree, and found some juniper berries. Ate some of the cooked vegetables etc for dinner, and will cook some dry pulses and add these later. Comfort food in this weather, which seems to be turning a little colder again.

Madeleine is hopeless and beset by distant and unwelcome relatives, so I shall leave our dinner date for a bit. Meanwhile I have arranged to meet two good friends from college in a couple of weeks. We shall go for a Sunday lunch. Roast might be a good idea. I shall give it some thought.

Call from Dorothy who is going to India at the end of the month. Fortunately only for a week, since Julian is staying at home. Perhaps Julian will come around and play with the Kookster in Dorothy's absence.

I am currently reading E. V. Lucas. A Boswell of Baghdad with Diversions which is a collection of essays. Eminently suitable reading matter for an oldie with a short attention span. I see the Kindle edition of this is very cheap. Perhaps I will purchase a Kindle. We shall see.

No comments: