Tuesday 4 January 2011

New Year - New Fire


Last night the old electric fire made a slight crackling noise before dying out. The rest of the evening was very cold downstairs. Today I decided to purchase a new fire, and though I had to try several places, managed to get hold of a small stove type of fire and cabbed it back home. Amazingly it actually fitted inside the fireplace, where it glowed in a jolly way all evening. It even has a remote control. I had better neaten the edges of the surround, and find a way of threading the flex through the side so it is out of sight, but otherwise I am very pleased with my purchase. I have also decided to have my hair cut rather shorter at the end of the week. All I have to do now is make an appointment with the quack, since the kidney is becoming worse.

No comments: