Saturday 1 January 2011

2011 already

Was in bed before 11.30. Huge racket outside: drunken neighbours, fireworks on the Thames etc. Text from Dorothy and Julian on their way to a party. I hope they got back safely. Also email from Madeleine wishing me a happy new year, and a text from Jon in Devon. I suspect I am definitely becoming a NYE avoider since this is the third year I have stayed at home. My innards irritating me help to keep me lying down where possible. So strange, no results from investigations, but I really do think there is a nasty sharp stone or two in my right kidney, especially since movement provokes a considerable amount of pain in a very specific spot. I am wonder whether a sharp blow to the spot might break up the stone. On the other hand it might break up the kidney, so best not try. I shall content myself with a visit to the quack soon.

Actually managed to change the bedding this morning. I have become so attached to my real linen bedding that I am reluctant to change it to mere cotton, no matter how good it is. I am rather tempted to buy another set of linen bedding, despite the cost, from La Redoute.

Kook rushed in to escape from the noise outside last night, and spent the night on the spare room bed. A wise decision.

Still purchasing singles from i-tunes: so far: Ave Verum, Good Vibrations and Little Deuce Coupe (Beach Boys), Harry Lime theme, Chiquita Bacana (Edmundo Ros), actually I can't bear to go on. Suffice it to say Norman Greenbaum, Mozart, the Darkness, Procol Harum, etc. etc. Dear me. I have found that I cannot get some things without buying a whole album, such as Runaway by Del Shannon and a decent version of the BBC radio worker's playtime theme. Oh well. I shall have to content myself with the Teddy Bear's Picnic. For now.

No comments: