Friday 1 April 2011

Friday Morning


Inspired by a recent meeting with a Frenchman when we discussed Algerian couscous, I decided to revisit this. When I was getting divorced, it was the only recipe my husband tried to get from me. Needless to say, I did not give it to him. I know I am not the world's best cook, but I hadn't realised I was that bad. All the foreign students we used to have to stay loved my food, at least. Anyway, Madeleine is my brave victim tonight. I have mentioned to Dorothy and Julian that couscous will be served, but no reply. They must have had a better offer.

My Street Photography book arrived today, full of strong, amazing images. Enough to encourage the snapper in anyone.

I have packed three large cases full of clothes to donate to the sister of the poor woman who recently died. She has always been keen to take my clothes, and it's good to recycle these. They will be collected on Monday.

Using a top sheet under the duvet on the bed has proved a great success. Not only does the bed always look better (apart from when Kook lolls on it) and more 'made', it is also much more comfortable to sleep in because the duvet stays in place better. I shall try and find a some more flat cotton double sheets for the guest room now that I have made this discovery.

No comments: