Saturday 30 April 2011

Uncharitable Old Bat



Here's me, trying my 'winge' again.

Having become so intolerant, I now understand this fault in other old people. Trouble is, in the past I have always put up with people's character flaws by taking the view that mine are probably worse. But there comes a point in one's age when one becomes aware that croaking is not optional, and could happen tomorrow, or even later on today. It may well be because this has been forcibly borne in on me that I have become rather cranky. Or maybe I am just making excuses. Logically, with limited time, we should become nicer, and do much more for others, as there isn't much time to do it in. I must try harder. I am in no danger of becoming a Pollyanna though, I am sure.

Victorine, despite her flaws, can be very kind, loves animals, and is generous to a fault. I really must try harder not to be such a ratty old bat.

Sharon rang for a chat yesterday. She will try and persuade Alan to go out of the house, which he has always been reluctant to do. His weak spot appears to be his great affection for Michel, so I suggested that some preliminary outings could make use of this, encouraging Michel to want to go somewhere but to refuse unless Alan and Sharon came. I really envy Sharon, who still does her antique fairs regularly. Takes me back to when I helped a friend at Ally Pally. I really enjoyed it.

No comments: