Friday 15 April 2011

Friday Morning

A mail from my friend Catriona, telling me of her progress with her new property and with news of her daughter's forthcoming wedding. It really is the wedding season. Friends have leaned on me to have a 'Royal Wedding' dinner somewhere on 29th, which I may attend if there is any transport to get to the restaurant. We shall see.

Meanwhile back at the office we had a bit of a brainstorming session since someone is doing a project for the charity, basically a handbook of how it all works, so if we were both run over by a bus at the same time, someone could run the thing by using the handbook. We are having several more of these sessions over the next few weeks, when hopefully, the thing will be ready for the trustees to examine.

I was so hungry when lunchtime came that we rushed over to the Boot & Flogger for a most refreshing lunch. It really is a super place with very friendly staff. We spent the afternoon stuffing and franking envelopes, and Romy was able to send off most of the holiday offers.


Christophe and Victorine due for dinner tomorrow night, so I shall purchase some pickled garlic cloves. These are my favourite pre-prandial snack at the moment, and very healthy, too. Good thing I am single. I wonder whether my guests will eat them?

I have rather a nasty feeling that I have put on weight again, despite being fairly restrained. Lunches out and dinner guests don't help, but are a necessary part of life. Just a matter of trying to limit food and wine consumption, but easier said than done.

No comments: