Sunday 17 April 2011

Late Night and Early Morning


Christophe and Victorine to dinner last night. The tube got stuck in a tunnel, so they were a little late, but prosecco cocktails soon perked them up. Victorine approved of my newly introduced bright colours, and they both loved the music on my ipod. Coinsidering this ranges from Squarepusher and Dr Dre, through Dock Boggs, to Ave Verum Corpus, I suppose I may have covered most tastes. The food went down very well, and later, Kook graced us with his majestic presence. He looked particularly fine lolling on my bright red floral sofa seat cover, and played obligingly with my guests. Quite proud of him, I was.

Despite holding back firmly on the food, this morning I seemed to have gained a pound and a half. Unable to believe this, I weighed myself again later, a couple of times, and the gain was half a pound. I must have miscalculated the calories in some things, because, despite lunch in the Boot & Flogger, and last night, I have kept counting the calories. Oh well, I shall have to try and do better. I may lash out on some new bathroom scales soon.

Just tried to download snaps from my iphone, but for some reason it will not communicate with this laptop, unfortunately. Here's a snap of last night's flowers in the window today.

I have just finished the last of the dishwashing and tidying up from last night and decided to continue with a bright colour scheme for the living room. There is now a scarlet Chinese pattern Pip Studio 'tablecloth' (duvet cover, folded) on the table and a red candle in the holder. My brilliant pillows are also acting as cushions on the sofa.

No comments: