Sunday 3 April 2011

Tights Ahoy!


I can't believe it. Went to Marks today and purchased some opaque tights, thinking to keep them until they fitted. Daringly tried a pair on, and Eureka! they fitted. Admittedly x-large, but who cares? I can now stuff my fat carcass into tights for the first time in years. Fantastic. I will now be able to wear shorter skirts and dresses. Also, I bought a linen shirt in size 24 and it fitted (just). Super. Got a bit carried away and bought several Gudrun Sjoden frocks, which will wing their way here soon in good time for summer.

If I am spared, I shall purchase quantities of brightly coloured tights from M & S next year. So pleased.

Today is Mothering Sunday. Julian and Dorothy are taking me out for dinner, which is a treat, though I shall have to be rather careful, since I intend to become smaller rather than larger.

Here's a bit of spring on the spare land at the end of the street.

No comments: