Monday 11 April 2011

Leafy Sunday and Panic Monday

Made my way to a leafy part of London, and sat in Romy's garden where we had an excellent Sunday roast lunch, prepared by Romy, followed by a fresh berry pudding. The birds were tweeting, the cat was sunbathing, and not a sound of traffic could be heard. It was as hot as Spain. A very enjoyable and relaxing day.

Monday was quiet, apart from a problem with my medication. I discovered to my horror that I had run out of a 'heart' pill so trundled off to the GP early in the morning. Met a great deal of resistance and was told I would have to 'wait a few days' for a prescription and that I 'shouldn't have run out'. Dear me.

I became rather annoyed since this is the first time in my life that I had inadvertently run out of pills, and also with the attitude of the receptionist, who had promoted herself to the MD status to misadvise me. I did consider that, if I had not been quite persistent, I would have been without my tablets for several days, with possible risk of heart attack or stroke.

Things became worse when I went back for my prescription, as advised, in late afternoon. They had forgotten to write it. Eventually a prescription arrived WITHOUT the required medication, but containing all my other repeat meds. I slowly and carefully explained this and it transpired that the receptionist, in her wisdom, had managed to cross this item out of my request letter. I do hope this was just a mistake, and what was intended was to underline the item. Obviously I shall now have to see a GP every time I want a prescription, to avoid being killed by the receptionist.

I got to the chemist just before they closed.

Later last night, Julian arrived, bearing the biggest plant pot I have ever seen. We got it downstairs and left it outside, to replant my olive tree when the weather is better. Probably next weekend. Dorothy also gave me a present: a very smart hot water bottle in a fake fur cover from Liberty. Apparently it cost a fortune. So kind.

Learned that poor Dorothy is off work, suffering from a nasty cold, poor thing. I am sure Dorothy is working too hard, and should take things more slowly.

No comments: