Tuesday 19 April 2011

Monday

On Monday I went to John Lewis. I was rather slow and could not at first understand all the union Jack items for sale, prominently displayed, then the penny dropped when I read all the 'all the best to the happy couple' notices. I had managed to avoid most royal wedding stuff but John Lewis was full of memorabilia - china, flags, teddy bears, you name it, they had it. I found a couple of tops in the shops including a very pretty top from BHS in size 22 which easily fitted, but then it was a loose style.

I am slowly getting my mind around to Easter, which will be strange since Julian and Dorothy will be going to Spain. Last day at work tomorrow since I have taken Thursday off. No doubt I will gain even more weight over Easter. We shall see.

I still can't make my phone connect to my laptop at all. Strange.

For royal wedding day I shall be at home, probably watching TV in a desultory manner, but Christophe and Victorine have booked dinner at Butler's Wharf Chop House, with a wedding theme, so we shall be celebrating a bit. They will come here first for a glass of something fizzy.

No comments: