Wednesday 27 April 2011

Kook


has survived the experience of looking after himself with the help of a cat feeder once daily. He was lucky because Dorothy and Julian also came around to play.

Here's a snap of Paignton harbour.

I must say, given my vile neighbours and my impending unemployment, I am rather tempted to move to the West Country. I always feel like this when I go down there. There was a very pretty place on the local railway called Starcross, unlike most of the fairly awful naff seaside resorts. There's a little cottage near the station for around £200,000 so I would be mortgage-free, which is a temptation. But I would have to go by the train to bank at Exeter. Shopping might be a problem if there's no internet grocery shopping since things seem a bit retro down there. Hmmm. At least things are pretty down there. I suspect I might miss London though. We shall see. Another visit may be called for. Apparently the little railway goes all the way down the coast to Penzance, stopping all over the place, and is very cheap, which is another attraction. Beautiful countryside, views over the estuary, what's not to like?

No comments: