Wednesday 6 April 2011

Mid Week


The olive tree is in situ - actually at least eight feet tall. Julian will repot it so I need to go to B & Q on Friday to purchase sand and compost.

Romy back with some lovely fresh oranges from a neighbour's tree. I enjoyed one last night. I also made some puds to keep in the fridge: basically they are baked apples with a little sugar and butter, then I added blackberries half way through cooking. They look quite jolly and will be fine cold, as served in Spain.

Though I have made an effort to keep the food consumption down, I suspect I will gain weight this week after Sunday's indiscretions.

It was quite hot yesterday and Romy and I had lunch at the Slug & Lettuce, which has some tables outside. It really was warm. On my return home, bumped into my neighbour and her babe in the hall. They had spent the day in the park, enjoying the sun. Robert the baby is really growing up fast, and grinned and giggled at me in a very jolly manner. He is quite a handsome babe.

At the moment I am reading Diana Wynne Jones' first novel 'Changeover', a comedy about an African country getting ready for independence. It is quite funny.

No comments: