Sunday 10 August 2008


After Bear left, I did a bit of shopping. I was really looking for some wooden hangers, but the Woolies ones were a bit rubbish. Must get some IKEA ones. I have painted lots of these with acrylic paint in 'folksy' designs and have become rather fond of them, so want to do all my hangers in the same way. It is really easy - I just sand them down a bit before painting a background colour, then applying blobs or stripes or whatever you like. Being acrylic paint they dry quickly. I was rather worried about the paint chipping off when I first did them but it doesn't as I did the last lot a couple of years ago and they are still fine.

Anyway, a bit later in the afternoon I saw lots of men in yellow jackets, a fire engine at the end of the road and some police all dashing down the road surrounding this car. Not sure whether it had crashed the barriers and fallen over the new gas pipes or what, but it was a bit dramatic for a while. Such excitement in our small street.

No comments: