Monday 18 August 2008

Missing Parcel

Royal Mail has failed to deliver again and has not answered my complaint. Hopeless.

Saw my ex-mother in law, who had perked up a bit, but did not enjoy the madeira, so I left it for her to offer visitors. Madeleine is going to try Bailey's next, and if no luck with that, maybe some advocaat, as a desperate measure. Her flowers were all dead, so I sent some more which should arrive on Tuesday. Madeleine and I had a pleasant cream tea at a little place in White Hart Lane called Orange Pekoe.

Julian and Dorothy are so kind - bought me masses of hangers, a new uplighter for the bedroom and some new curtains for my spare room. I can put these up when I have a rod from which to hang them. I have now used all the hangers, and will have to sort my clothes out a bit and throw out some old things.

No comments: