Monday 25 August 2008

End of Olympics and Necklet



Dorothy and Julian have visited Dorothy's grandmother again. They just missed Madeleine, who had visited a little earlier.

The Olympics have finished and we won 19 gold medals, a pretty good show. I watched a bit of the closing ceremony on TV. I tried taking a couple of snaps but the focus was hopeless. I think I have developed rather unsteady hands as part of the ageing process. It has some interesting effects though (above).

I have more or less finished Romy's bracelet, and emboldened by my efforts, have now done a necklet which looks a bit daft, but I like it. Basically I had a rather nasty old enamel necklet from the sixties, which I covered in gold scraps and beads etc, including a few bits of an old watch. I will have to wear it with something very plain, as it is a bit over the top

No comments: