Sunday 10 August 2008

Vanity and Cat Envy


Some of the hangers.What caused my strange interest in hangers was that I have just purchased what will no doubt be my entire winter wardrobe (maybe bar a coat and some boots) and have decided to put all my clothes in proper colour groups. So far I have done black and navy, but hangers have nearly all been used. I may need to purchase a new flat to put the lot in. I already have a wardrobe and a large bar on the downstairs landing full, and am rapidly filling a second wardrobe.

I have, or rather had, two very pointy pairs of shoes, the points extending an inch beyond my big toe. I have tripped and fallen twice wearing these, but otherwise they are desperately comfortable. I took it into my head that I could simply cut the ends off and make them into peep-toe shoes. So far I have (with difficulty) achieved this with one pair and intend to attack the other pair soon. Fired with the spirit of experiment, I shortened a black pair of soft leather boots into ankle boots, and so they are quite cute, with long black fringes all round. Very Gok Wan. My friends tell me that teenage girls interested in fashion usually do this kind of thing. Tragic really at my age. And at seventeen stone. I suppose, that having rather given up on the main event (my body - the entire torso) I have taken to concentrating on limbs and other components, i.e. face, head, hair, arms, hands, legs, feet, neck etc which can be painted or adorned. This may explain my rather excessive interest in jewellery.

I am so envious of Malvolio, who just strides around with effortless gorgeousness in his soft black fur.

No comments: