Monday 25 August 2008

New Sofa Cover and New and Mended Teapots


I am so thrilled ! Dorothy and Julia came around, and not only took my footstool cover off, plus the back and base cushion covers off my sofa for cleaning, but also put the other, washable covers on. It looks like a new sofa. The cover is called 'sand' and is a beige colour with a slight nap like fake suede. It tones very well with the floor.

I am a genius. Having purchased a bargain batchelor teapot on Ebay to replace the one broken by my cleaner, I felt emboldened to try and mend my teapot. I attacked it with a hammer in the garden and it is virtually back to normal apart from a couple of tiny dents so will again be a serviceable large teapot. Hooray! I decided it would cost more than I paid for it to have it mended by a jeweller.

Had a very good green curry for lunch in Lye Torng. As I was leaving I saw a large police van and several police collecting large numbers of junkies who congregate near the refurbished childrens playground to score drugs. Thank goodness they are getting rid of a few of them at least.

No comments: