Sunday 3 August 2008

Quiet Sunday


It was a bit dull today. Nevertheless I went to Elephant & Castle to see the Carnaval procession. Unfortunately they had changed the starting point to Elephant Road, and diverted the traffic down Walworth Road, which caused a rather large pile up of traffic since they were letting buses down the road. I looked out at the crowds and decided to give it a miss this year.

Instead I sat around drinking coffee for a while before shopping in Tesco's to buy a few things and came back home. The Lye Torng is now closed on Sunday. I did some washing and made a fresh loaf of bread, using a recipe for yoghurt bread which came with the Easy - Yo yoghurt. I shall report back on this later.

I hope Romy is coping all right with the punters in Eastbourne. She has sent a text to say they had settled in well last night. I do hope the weather perks up a bit, though the forecast is not brilliant.

Dorothy and Julian may call around later.

No comments: