Friday 29 August 2008

Experimental Tasting

Not at all sure about the root beer. It is quite sweet, and rather medicinal tasting. The Bundaberg name was interesting to me since I once met a couple in the South of France who owned all the sugar cane and rum factories in Bundaberg and invited me there should I ever find myself nearby. I think the root beer is another product from this family's portfolio. Anyway, it is quite refreshing, the bottles are too large, though satisfyingly chunky and old fashioned looking. I see that one of the ingredients is sarsaparilla which is reputed to be good for psoriasis. We shall see.

The Fentimans Mandarin and Seville Orange jigger is also a bit medicinal, but quite refreshing and contains ginger and herbs. Interestingly to me it contains Speedwell, my favourite wild flower, which I had not realised was a herb. On Googling, it seems that it is a different Speedwell.

The Roquefort and leek tarte is quite good, though not as nice as my own blue cheese tart. The beetroot falafel is quite pleasant but ordinary, the damson colour lifting it a bit.

No comments: