Tuesday 5 August 2008

Noisy Workmen Outside.

Another dreary day. I have decided I prefer the pale lavender colour of tanzanite to the premium colours. I have a premium stone in a ring somewhere which is quite nice, though I can't find it at the moment. I have purchased a pendant with some earrings and a silver tanzanite ring. Maybe I shall become a genteel old lady wearing lavender - some chance.

Have just bought some Tulip glitter gold to make Romy's bangle when she gives me the gold bits for this. She has some fool's gold, pyrites which I will have to hammer down to slightly smaller sizes.

I found some frozen blackberries for £1 a box in Tesco - a promotion, so I bought two packets, reduced, sweetened and strained, pressing the pulp until I obtained a coulis. I have frozen most of this but am keeping a bit in the fridge to pour on puddings. Occurred to me that a simple baked apple might be quite good with some of this poured over, and some cream. Could also be used with the raspberry feuillantines in the absence of raspberry coulis.

The workmen are incredibly noisy outside, working later than usual. Yesterday they left at 3pm, it is now 3.50pm.

No comments: