Thursday 13 November 2008

Another Breakdown and Entering

Sod's law: my john lewis food processor broke down. My suspicions about the design were realised. I had only used it about half a dozen times and it sprung apart in the middle of pureeing some cooked peas. I had a long and heated discussion with John Lewis who refused to come and collect it, so I will have to cab it in there and no doubt have another long and heated discussion while they try to palm another of their rubbishy food processors off on to me. I suppose if that is also guaranteed for a year it won't matter.

I have decided to add Hindle Wakes, which I have always fancied cooking, to Saturday's menu. It is basically a cold chicken stuffed with prunes. Then covered with a hard kind of sauce made with lemons which is spread all over the chicken. Apparently it looks quite dramatic and is a very old recipe.

Tomorrow will be cooking day, preceded by a visit to the people to get some clothes alterations made and shopping, then lunch with the Lunch Club in Borough. The lilies I bought over a week ago from Ocado to put in my sitting room are lasting very well indeed but have a rather overpowering scent.

The evening meeting due to take place last night at work was cancelled at the last minute. I had masses of good marks sandwiches, cakes, soft drinks, snacks, olives and a huge bowl of fruit. Julian suggested I tried to find a homeless shelter, and I found a place called Manna just around the corner from the office, and took them there. The people there were very pleased.

On Monday we are due to go with the punters to Polhill Garden Centre, which should be good.

I seem to be providing lodgings for another cat. Went to the loo in the middle of the night to see a furry black and white stranger scarpering from my sitting room. This also happened a few nights ago. Poor Malvolio is most put out.

Much Ebay purchasing. We shall see if it all arrives. The post office does not have a great record in this area.

My cleaner, not content with breaking my silver teapot, left the back door wide open today. Strange. I wonder if she is sick of working here.

No comments: