Saturday 29 November 2008

John Lewis and Brushes with Past Fame

I managed to change the John Lewis food processor for a more robust Magimix by paying an extra £15. However the taxi fares in both directions have made it a rather more expensive purchase. The guarantee is very good though, three years for the parts and even more - an amazing 12 years for the motor. There is also a deal for me to apply for a free couple of extra discs and a cover, so I shall do this.

While I was in John Lewis, I had mentioned only originally buying a food processor to help with a cookery programme. The customer services assistant revealed that in her native India as a young woman, she became the voice of Mickey Mouse for many years, and had a very interesting time travelling around the country and meeting people. I suppose they dubbed the cartoons into the local language. Amazing what people have done.

I was having lunch in the lye Torng today and they were playing 'Minnie the Moocher'. I mentioned that my father-in-law had enjoyed singing this to us, when one of the locals said that he had been one of the dancers backing a singer in the 80's who sang this song, I forget the name. I think it was the mother of Sunitta. Everyone seems to have a secret past!

No comments: