Friday 21 November 2008

Busy, Busy, Busy

I have been far too busy on Ebay, but have acquired lots of rather jolly cheap clothes.

Bear was telling me that his father-in-law has lost 75% of his money with the credit crunch, as his companies have gone down, so the money won't come back. Bear, on the other hand is very busy with lots of decorating jobs in leafy Surrey, no doubt engendered by people unable to sell their properties who have decided to stay put and improve their houses.

I missed the lunch club again today waiting for a rearranged delivery from Royal Mail which, of course, did not arrive at all. They are utterly hopeless. And I am very pissed off, as I was looking forward to seeing Plum.

Madeleine also has the big decision to make about wedding wear. She may come over at the weekend and we can chat about things. It seems we are both veering towards purple, so consultation may be a good idea. I have to collect two lots of clothes being altered at Elephant & Castle. The poor Columbian girl who runs the place has been working alone as her helper has skived off, so everything is a bit behind. I notice her prices have become very inflated too. I may have to do my own alterations in the future.

I really sometimes think I fill my entire life with all this nonsense because I live on my own. Maybe I have Alzheimer's and keep shopping because I keep forgetting how much shopping I have already done. The house is certainly getting rather full of stuff. Had my hair done yesterday, so the colour looks good for Christmas. I read an article about Alzheimer's the other day. It seems that it upsets the relatives much more than the victims, and if the 'sufferers' keep active and doing things, they do not deteriorate so fast and have a strong sense of wellbeing. On the other hand the relatives, who are presumably more aware of what is going on become very unhappy indeed. Maybe that is why I am not seeing so much of Dorothy and Julian. We shall see. Though poor old Dorothy has been ridiculously busy of late.

No comments: