Monday 10 November 2008

Things To Do

Today, I have to ring a woman called Caroline Zoob. I ordered a hand embroidered lavender cushion to be sent to a nursing home in September and have just discovered it never arrived. I emailed, and today received an email from Caroline saying that she had back surgery in August and September 'just disappeared'. She has offered to send a better cushion, having run out of the original ones, by Special Delivery if I ring her mobile and confirm today as she is on her way to some home decoration exhibition.

I must also ring the vet to confirm delivery of a couple of trays of diabetic catfood for Malvolio, then remain in the flat until they arrive. Must also await the post.

Had a long chat with Dorothy last night who was playing with the wedding website and ordering a present. I ordered some cutlery from Macy's, dull but useful, and what they want.

Romy is off today with the punters. I do hope the weather perks up a bit over the next few days. At least the place they are staying in has plenty of indoor facilities and entertainment in the evening. Also, I believe, they will be going on a couple of outings if the weather permits, which should be enjoyable.

On Saturday, the vixens are coming around for a very late lunch. I shall do a green pea soup to warm them up, followed by cold bits and pieces and salad. I shall make another pissaladiere which was a great success on bonfire night, but this time with some black olives which will brighten it up. I shall cook this on Friday morning, as it is always better the next day. For pudding, I shall do some lemon possets and also provide ice cream with the wonderful PX poured generously over. Or I may do a PX trifle. We shall see. Must get some champagne, though I have plenty of red wine to follow this.

No comments: