Monday 3 November 2008

Wedding and Retro Stuff

Have been trying to persuade Dorothy to attend a large family wedding. However, it is on a Monday, and the loss of several hundred pounds is an important consideration. Perhaps Julian will come with me. I am still trying to decide what to wear, what to give, etc. etc. It is in the country which is tricky without a car, but I could book a train in advance and maybe a local taxi.

I have gone a bit retro and started purchasing fifties bags and shoes. Pity I am so enormous or I would also be buying fifties tweed suits and clothes. In my old age I am becoming sentimental about old times. Mind you, the fifties snakeskin Mappin and Webb bag which has arrived is absolutely tiny in comparison with modern bags, so not desperately practical, though, to my eyes, rather chic.

No comments: