Tuesday 25 November 2008

Image Improving But Greedy Old Tart

Was putting on the slap this morning and again admiring the new mascara. It is called 'false lash effect' or something like that by Yves Saint Laurent. In a very nice gold tube and rather pricey at £20 but had a £2 discount at John Lewis in their 20% off sale the other day. It really does separate the lashes well and dries extremely fast.

Delivery from Ocado today included the Christmas Pandoro. And a bonus free copy of The Times which I have taking to reading recently. It is similar to the News of the World in the sixties, in that it reports lots of scandals and bizarre happenings, most enjoyable. At the moment they are reporting the case of the lawyer who wrote a 'mis memoir'called 'Ugly' and being sued by her mother. Extraordinary.

I shall now stagger off and have a cappucino and croissant or two at the Elephant & Castle. Nice to have a week off, but the dreaded cleaner is coming on Thursday so I will have to find somewhere else to go for the day.

Have purchased some new mineral face powder. When I arrived home, two purchases from Ebay had arrived: some very excellent liquorice fudge (must hide it from myself or better, give it away to a liquorice lover), and a light blonde synthetic hair scrunchie, which I am happily wearing as it boosts the ancient thinning hair a bit. I was tempted to get some talons in the nail salon, but womanfully resisted.

I also wrote my first ex, who pongs a bit, a card enclosing some money as he threatens to visit his poor old mother in her rather smart nursing home. I have taken the plunge and advised him to spend the cash on a new outfit for the occasion. I am rather afraid that otherwise he may be turned away at the door, which would be a pity, or at least offend her sense of smell. We shall see. I feel a bit of a heel handing out this advice, but needs must, ends justify means, etc. etc.

No comments: