Monday 22 December 2008

Another Breakfast and Shopping Trip



Malvolio on the mat.

Paid a short visit to Fenwicks. Around here, there are little rabbit warrens of tiny streets and passages with some fascinating shops. Also fairly upmarket, with Smythsons, Jo Malone, etc. Anyway I finally found a paper shop and armed with The Times, enjoyed a coffee and croissant in the basement of Fenwicks. It is a lovely shop and I found a tiny trinket or two in there. After my return I ventured into the Elephant & Castle shopping centre. I purchased some sprouts and some ice cream before having a good £6 lunch in La Bodeguita. I am never quite sure whether it is parsley or coriander sprinkled over their soups, but they always taste really appetising and fresh.

I was about to cook my fowl, when I observed it was called a 'chapon de pintade'. A bell rang somewhere, and I googled it to discover that it was a fancy guinea fowl rather than a fancy chicken. Red label, free to roam, fed 70% grain, etc. So it had better taste OK. I shall definitely freeze some of it, and eat a bit tonight.

The house is looking better as the cleaner has visited again. For the second time, she has managed to disconnect my internet by knocking things about and bumping against stuff, so I had to crawl around on the floor and put the connections right. She is incredibly clumsy.

No comments: