Thursday 4 December 2008

Birthday, Christmas Break and Bras


Had a good birthday: first was a greeting on my Facebook wall, then cards from friends arrived, cards from people at work, too. Romy had taken me to a lovely lunch the day before at a place we hadn't tried near London Bridge, and gave me a wonderful pashmina in shades of turquoise and a muted purple. Dorothy and Julian picked me up in a cab and took me to Haozhan in Soho for a very good meal - seems the chef came from Hakkasan and does some wonderful dishes. Afterwards I unpacked my prezzies - a lovely white pierced vase, some Chanel No 5 and some very nice little things called 'bath bees': realistic little brown 'bees' full of Royal jelly to drop in the bath, really pretty and very luxurious, all from Liberty.

Due to go Turkey and Tinselling with the punters today. I'll have to wrap up warmly as it is really cold at the moment. I also have to pack hats and clothes for the wedding on Monday.

I have found a wonderful bra seller on Ebay called Steph who sells the pretty kind of lacy bras people wear these days in absolutely gigantic (i.e my) sizes, which is a bit of a find. Also they are very cheap but well made. The only thing is they all have these wires, which I immediately take out, then they are fine. So far I have purchased a black lacy one, and a black and white, but have my eye on a couple more. I have been talking to lots of people about underwires, and they all hate them. I suppose some people must like them or they wouldn't make them.

No comments: