Friday 12 December 2008

Dressy Frocks, Catfood and Cake

Two new Igigi dresses arrived today via UPS. They both fit well and look good.

The vet had ordered more food for Malvolio. I waited in all afternoon for the delivery, then rang the vet who said it had been collected over an hour before. They rang the taxi people who had not rung my doorbell but left it with a neighbour. I have collected the food but not had a chance to find out if she had to pay for the taxi, or whether they didn't bother to charge. Unlikely.

I have spent the afternoon making Trinidad black cake. I can't get it out of the oven until 6pm so won't know if it is any good. It is cooked for three hours in a very slow 110c oven. I will have to 'feed' it with alcohol later this evening and leave it to soak in until tomorrow. I added some black treacle to help with the colour but it is still quite pale. Perhaps it goes darker with cooking and over time with added alcohol.

I am in quite a predicament about what to buy Dorothy and Julian. They are really difficult to buy for. They have already said they don't want to see Jerry Sadowitz on Sunday so I shall go alone.

No comments: