Wednesday 24 December 2008

Christmas Eve

Today I had coffee and croissants in the Eroma cafe in Walworth Road. After that I bought some pale makeup in Boots, then staggered up to Specsavers, where I attempted to extract my prescription from them. I did not succeed. They gave me some flimsy excuse about how I could only obtain it from the branch where my eyes were tested. This was Tottenham Court Road, despite having bought two pairs of glasses from the Walworth Road branch, so they must be able to ring them for the prescription. I gave up and then picked up some Baileys.

Later I had lunch in the Lye Torng, before going home to clean the silver. I then cooked the ham.

This evening Dorothy and Julian popped in for a bit to deliver presents, advise me to get an i-phone, and unpack the new extractor they had bought me for the bathroom. It seems I need an electrician to install it. They also bought a rather good little Italian cake made from peel which we ate with a cup of tea.

Had a text from Roxy who is in the Marsden, where they drained a lot of fluid away. Must call her. I do hope they will discharge her today in time for Christmas.

No comments: